The ultimate goal of this campaign was to drive $1M+ in software and services revenue and enhancing the company’s position in the professional services sector. Secondary goals were to work more closely with Microsoft, an important partner, and to generate a database of target prospects that could be nurtured over the coming years.
Lists were generated both through compilers, brokers and manual collection and included three c-level decision makers (top executives in finance, sales, marketing and IT). Tele-profiling, broker appending and survey emails were used to refine the list.
At kick-off, over 1,000 “dimensional mailers” were sent via Fedex in increments of a 2-300. The mailer consisted of:
- 18” x 24” Whiteboard. Creative applied with a removable “static sticker” depicting a business technology strategy conversation between executives at a Proserv company.
- Company-branded whiteboard marker
- Cover letter that outlined offering and positioned the company as a Proserv-focused Microsoft stack partner.
- Call to action #1: “Take the Whiteboard Challenge” at thewhiteboardchallenge.com. (site was taken down after campaign ended, but pictures are below)
- Call to action #2: Entered in drawing to win Electronic Whiteboard.
- All components were “shrink-wrapped”
- Packet was sent via FedEx to position as a high priority mailing.
Direct Mail 2,3,4 : The same model was incorporated in 2nd through 4th direct mail drops, with the addition of having the CTA letter signed by the telemarketer that would be providing follow-up calls.
Telemarketing (A, 150hrs): Leveraged outsourced telemarketing partner for 150 hours telemarketing to drive webcast registrations and early leads.
Webcasts (4): Promoted series of webcasts outlining multiple engagement points, including CRM, ERP, Infrastructure and UC, Project Management and Collaboration.
- Promoted via email and telemarketing
- Drove 200+ registrants
- Recorded and published as on-demand events, promoted via follow-up emails to no-shows.
Telemarketing (B, 150 hrs): Leveraged dedicated telemarketing contractor for call-downs in early stage respondents and lead generation.
Nurture Workflow: prospects not in active sales cycles were placed into a long term nurture cycle where they will be touched approximately every 30-45 days for the next year in addition to social media and email snips every few weeks.